Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Out of Range

Last night I got home from softball practice and was going through my mail. I opened a letter from my doctor. I had some blood work done a few weeks ago and figured it was my results. My doctor always runs a very detailed blood work up on me every year because I always run a fever of around 99-100 degrees. She can't figure out what's "wrong" with me...and I joke with her that I am just HOT. Ha! I don't think anything is "wrong" with me... I have always been like this. Anyway. I opened the letter and started freaking out because every thing was out of range... BAD out of range. I started frantically reading the brochure on What Your Blood Test Results Mean. I was freaking. I usually get a hand-written note from my doc saying "Perfect" or "You are very healthy, keep it up!" Gold star for Emily. Not this time. As I am reaching for the phone to call my mom...I look at the top... IT'S NOT MY TEST RESULTS. They were the results of a 71 year old woman. Sheesh! I called my doc this morning and read her assistant the riot act. Sheesh.

No comments: