Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend

I had a great weekend....a truly great weekend.
Friday night was my cousin Chris' wedding. Todd and I went. It was a typical wedding and nothing to out of the ordinary happened...except at the end of the night when we were leaving the reception. My mom HUGGED Todd goodbye - whoa. And then my dad said to Todd, "I have that exact same shirt and tie." And they joked back and forth about what good taste they have. This may not sound like a big deal to some people...but in my world...this is a whole NEW world.
Saturday I played in my High School Alumni Golf Tournament. There were about 70 players. And I had dated 8 of the guys there. Hahah! It was really nice to see everyone...truly. AND...I won "Longest Drive"...not sure HOW...but I did. After the tournament, I went over to the post-party. I chatted with a ton of people....caught up....had a few laughs...then realized that I wanted to be at Todd's....so I excused myself to head out. One of my buddies said to me, "What? Are you afraid of your past?" I replied, "Uh no....but I am gonna go see my PRESENT....see ya!" Whatever dude. I got to Todd's....took a shower...had dinner with him...and had a fantastic time.
Sunday morning I went to brunch with the girls. Yum! How I love brunch! Afterwards, I went home and laid on the couch and watched the Rockies game. Then.... Todd came over and I made turkey tacos. What a great weekend!

No comments: