Monday, July 24, 2006

Speaking of 3rd time is a charm....

...I got my 3rd flat tire in my car since I have owned it (2 years) this morning. Todd had gotten back in town from his week-long trip to Vegas yesterday evening and I went over to his house and made him dinner. After a lovely evening, the morning sucked. Todd was ready to go to work at 7 am...so I packed up my stuff and he walked me to my car. Kiss kiss. Then he jumped in his car to head to work. I start to drive away to realize that my front driver side tire was flat... FLAT FLAT...to the rim flat! I got out of my car and paced around it for about 5 minutes...evaluating my opinions. He lives in east bum-fuck...so walking somewhere wasn't an option. Taking a cab home... would be about $80. Actually change the tire? I was not in the mood. What to do? It's hard for me to ask for help from anyone. I don't want to inconvenience people. I finally called Todd. Voicemail. He calls me back. By that time I had unloaded everything in the trunk and was contemplating using the Fix-A-Flat I had to get me to a tire store. Hum. Todd said to not do that.... he would be there in 15 minutes. He got there and hugged me about 10 times saying sorry for not making sure I left safely. He gave me the keys to his car...and he took his company car to work. He said he will fix it tonight after work. Ahhhh! What a sweetie! I guess my 3rd flat tire showed me what a CHARM Todd is! (Although, I already knew that.)
OH...and the 3rd wedding for my cousin Chris this past Friday...is actually THIS Friday. Nice. I wrote the wrong date in my day-timer. Chris had called me months ago to "Save The Date"...and when I got the invitation...I just filed it on that date he gave me a while back...without even looking at it. Thankfully, I didn't actually drive to the wedding...but I did start to get ready. Sheesh huh? Ha!

No comments: