Monday, July 31, 2006

I am running a freaking day-care

I manage 20 employees....all under the age of 26. I got a phone call this Saturday from one of my street team guys while they were out working for the station saying that 2 of the girls were not "listening" to him. They were all apparently fighting and making a scene at the Rockies game. Sweet. I told them to calm down and knock it off and I called a meeting with all four of the team members this morning. I used a management technique called the "talking stick"...only the person WITH the "talking stick" may speak....no hum...ahhs... deep breaths....or any reaction of any kind from the other people in the room with the person with the "talking stick" is talking. The meeting is over...finally. I am sitting here just shaking my head. It was THE DUMBEST meeting ever....and I told them that. I told them that they need to take a good look at themselves and figure out a way to move past this incident...and to work to make sure they don't lose their cool again while representing my radio station. They should be embarrassed...and I am never gonna get that 30 minutes back again.
*SIGH* I am running a freaking day-care.

1 comment:

None said...

When I deal with people like that I tell them to smarten up or I will punch them in the neck. Of course I would never really do it but it gets the point across...