Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ah... the woods are full of 'em

So that hot hip party on Friday that I told you about...the one advertised to me as a Champagne and Wine tasting thing with tons of food and a live dee jay spinning music..... was NO WHERE close to that. The party was held in a new-build place with no furniture. So it was standing room only. The bottles of wine and champagne were just sitting on this "bar" nothing was chilled. The drinks were served in red plastic cups.... and you know how I feel about those. Ha. OK...on to the food. I was told there would be both hot and cold appetizers that would go with the wine or champagne from that region. Eh....no. I saw a couple half-eaten bags of pretzels, a cold tin of artichoke dip... without any bread or chips to eat it with...and a can of salsa...and no, it wasn't Pace....somebody, get a rope. Ha. Regardless of all of this false advertising I had a great time. I chatted with this gorgeous guy named Brandon all night, laughed, and really enjoyed being my flirty self. Good times. It was good for the soul.
I spent all day on Sunday putting up my Christmas stuff. I went and bought a REAL tree...and carefully decorated it while watching the Broncos game. I love pulling each preciously wrapped ornament out and reading the date and who I got it from. My Christmas spirit is alive and kicking. I sat in my livingroom with a cup of tea last night.... all the lights off... except for my Christmas tree....and relaxed. Heaven.
Now, you are probably wondering why I haven't posted on Framer John. I have no idea what happened...but he just stopped calling or asking me out. Poof. No fight. No apparent reason. I am sad. I was really enjoying getting to know him. He is a great guy. I am not angry with him....I don't hate him. I miss him. *Shrug* As my friend Ashley just told me when she asked me when I would see him next and I told her what was going (or not going) on, "Ah Em, the woods are full of 'em, keep looking."

No comments: