Monday, December 19, 2005

Holiday No-No's

As Christmas is fast approaching... several Holiday No No's come to mind. Friends... this is just my observation... I hope I don't offend.

1. Dogs in Costumes:
This year in particular I have gotten many holiday cards from folks (friends and clients) that include a picture of their dog with a Santa hat or reindeer antlers strapped to their heads. Although some may think it's cute.... I look into the eyes of this poor soul and see torture. Look at the faces of these doggies. Do they really look happy? Uh. No. They look embarrassed to me. And they should be. Ha. They look like an idiot. Hee hee.

2. Children and Santa Claus:
Why are parents obsessed with taking an annual picture of their poor child in ill-fitting holiday clothes sitting on Santa's lap? I know - I know...I don't have kids yet....and I may feel different when I do. However, right now....I think it's ridiculous to mail out pictures of your kids with red eyes from screaming bloody murder on some stranger's lap. My mom took me EVERY year to see Santa. Every year, I screamed. NONE of the pictures over the years have a happy Emily in them. I look horrified and really pissed off. Why then.. did every year I have to go back to see a man that scared the crap out of me? How about taking a cute picture of me sitting next to a snow man? Or a nice pile of Christmas presents? Or the Christmas tree? Someone remind me of this post when I have kids.

3. Christmas Sweaters:
Unless you are a 4 year old little girl or Bill Cosby (he has a get-out-of-jail-free card on this one) please don't wear Christmas sweaters. No one looks good in red and green - take my word for it. If you absolutely MUST wear something "in the spirit" of the holidays...then pick either red or green...not both. And for pete's sake, if you own a Christmas sweater that has lights or glitter on it. Burn it. Please. Just burn it. I guarantee you - it looks very bad on.

Just a few friendly reminders for the holidays. Ho no ho no ho! Fa la la la de la la la!

No comments: