Sunday, December 18, 2005

Spoon full of sugar

I have always believed in a "spoon full of sugar" treatment to tough situations. Yes, sometimes I spit the sugar in someone's face... but still....there WAS sugar involved. Ha. Generally, I try and handle situations by asking nicely first. Treat others as you wish to be treated. OK. The guy who lives above me is a nice guy. However, he blares his stereo. So loud that I can't concentrate on what I am watching on tv or whatever I am doing in my house. I have had guests over who just can't believe that I put up with that horrible rudeness. I had a couple who lives on his floor knock on my door to settle a bet between them.... that someone actually DOES live below that noise pollution. I have gone up and talked to him several times. I have called him a ton of times asking nicely that he turn it down. I have stopped him in the hallway and told him thank you - because I have noticed that he is trying to play his annoying techno music at a fairly reasonable level. Once, he stopped me once in the hallway and asked me if I had heard the new Depeche Mode cd. And I told him yes, (with a smile on my face) I hear it everyday through the ceiling. We both laughed. But I have had it. I asked him TWICE today to turn down his music. Did he? NO. I am done being nice. I am done trying to use the "spoon full of sugar" treatment. I called our management company and finally placed a formal complaint. No more sugar and I hope he chokes on the spoon. Ha.

................ah............... he just turned the stereo off..............I can actually hear my fingers hit the keyboard................bliss.

No comments: