Thursday, January 10, 2008

8 hours of pay

Today is my one year anniversary at my current job at MOD. Yesterday, my old assistant at my previous radio station gig was laid off. Poor girl. After I left the radio station they dangled my old job in front of her like a carrot for months. They didn't pay her any more...in fact...they didn't even give her parking in the building. Sweet. She busted her butt for a nearly a year for nothing extra...doing the job of 4. NRC rewarded her hard work by laying her off...and putting her job responsibilities on another guy (who didn't get a raise). She had been with the company for 3 years. They laid her off and paid her for the 8 hours she worked yesterday. Eight hours of pay....and then "SEE YA". NO SEVERANCE. Nuttin. My goodness I am glad I am out of radio. I have made it my personal goal to help her get a new gig. I feel guilty for some reason. What a horrible place to work. This radio company is locally owned and operated...which is super rare. She went back to talk to the Owner/CEO and the Owner/CFO and neither of those pussies would could out of their offices and talk to her. This company is circling the drain. That sound you hear is the toilet flushing on those pieces of shit. Thank God I don't own any stock in this company...because I couldn't sell it fast enough.

No comments: