Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lots of random comments

Lots of random comments:

I have my alarm clock set to "radio". Instead of a mind numbing bleeeeep bleeeep bleeeep. My alarm clicks on and plays the radio station I have set. Here's where it gets interesting. Two of my good friends are hosts on a local radio show...yes...the same one I have my alarm set to wake me up. It cracks me up where my alarm kicks on in the middle of the morning show's conversation. Funny. Imagine.....sleeping....then hearing one of your friend's voices right next to your head. Cracks me up.

I love to get gift cards. But I hate to shop. Ironic. However, as a side note, I love to shop on line....and love to get good mail (good = not bills). I buy what I want online....then in a few days get "good" mail....bliss. I digress. I just spent a gift card that I got last Christmas (in 2006) for Bath and Body Works. Yes. It's sick huh? That I waited so long to spend it. Anyway. I bought a skin care regimen from a Dr. Wexell. It ROCKS. I have never had such a quick turn around on my skin...I love it. I should take better care of my skin. Noxema is not doing it anymore for a 35 year old.

Maria called last night. Brian's grandma passed away. So my trip to Chicago this weekend is postponed. They are driving to Michigan for the wake and funeral. I am bummed....but I understand. In the same breath....we got some GREAT news about Maria's son Austin and his condition. I have shared that he was born 13 weeks early....at 27 weeks....on Oct. 14th. What I didn't share was that 3 days after he was born he was diagnosed with a level 4 brain bleed. (Note: 0 being the best) Basically that is the worst diagnosis possible. There was a good chance for severe lifelong disabilities. One month into Austin's life the doctors told Maria and Brian that Austin's brain was showing a level 3 brain bleed. Good! Progress! Celebrate each win! Still...the diagnosis is grim. This past Monday Austin had more tests....and Friday the results came in. Deep breath. He's a miracle baby. NO sign of brain trauma. Nothing. His brain healed itself. He's a level O brain trauma. Sigh. AND they checked his eyes (which they believed he would have a lifetime of sight challenges including a good chance he would be blind....) AND...his eyes are continuing to mature and show signs of being completely normal. Deep breath. Cheers. Tears. Celebrations. Fingers crossed. Prayers.

No comments: