Thursday, January 10, 2008

A memorial to....


...my fish. The "big dude" as I called him. Silly right? To mourn a fish? Not to me. Six years ago I bought 2 angel fish for one of fish tanks. They were about the size of a quarter when I bought them. They grew and grew and soon their bodies were the size of my fist...big fish. Their life span is 5-6 years. I have lost both fish in a matter of months. They were over 6 years old. I cried when the first one died. I bawled with the 2nd one died last night. What a saint Todd is to comfort me when I cried over a fish. But he know that this fish was my favorite. You must understand something about angel fish. They love their care-givers. Sounds crazy but every time I would get close to the tank they do this special fishy "dance". It's cool. When I was single and living alone...I will admit to talking to them and enjoying seeing something alive react to my voice. They were happy to see me. Anyway. I bawled when he died last night. As Todd put it....they had a perfect LONG fishy life.


Last night when I got home "big dude" was laying on the bottom of the tank (see pic). I knew the end was close....the other fish in the tank stayed close to him. Which is odd for fish. Normally when a fish is showing sickness or weakness...they pick on that fish or completely stay away from it. Big Dude's friends were there for him.....it was cool.

No comments: