Sunday, November 06, 2005

Gala or gala? Potato or potato?

Since my last post I have been on 2 more dates with Framer John. He is a great guy and I am officially interested. His kisses make my knees weak. This is the part that scares the hell out of me. The part when I feel like I am starting to try and open my heart to someone... and to trust someone with my heart. He told me that he still hangs out with his ex-girlfriend (most recent long term relationship). I had a Ryan flash-back...I know...I know... he is not Ryan.

On Saturday night I went to a gala for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I asked Erin how gala was pronounced. Is it gay-la or gal-la? We agreed that we had heard both pronunciations and should just call it a fundraiser. Ha. Anyway...the fundraiser was lovely. I wore the pink dress I bought for Cherill's wedding. It was perfect. I had to laugh about half way thru the dinner... I realized that I am soooo not a society chick.... and I am happy about that. I remember when I was younger thinking that I would like to someday be a local celeb society chick. Not anymore. Most of the women there were rich (ok, I would like to be rich...but not this other stuff), botox-filled, sequined to the max, gold jewelry wearing, snotty...and drunk (on one glass of champagne). I don't fit in... and I don't wanna. I do volunteer PR work for the Komen foundation and was invited by a board member because of my love for the entertainment... my favorite... Jim Brickman. He played for an hour and I was mezmerized. It was dreamy. I actually wished that John was there so we could laugh at the dumb ladies and enjoy the romantic music together.

No comments: