Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Perspective and Patience

My brother said to me last night that he finally understands why I was so pissed that he freaked out on Garrett at my birthday party. He has been dating this new girl from his church...and he really likes her. He met her brother the other night...and said it was very important to him to have her bro like him. I said "Oh yea? Now do you see WHY I was so pissed that you freaked on Garrett?" And he said "Yea, that's why I called... I get it now." I guess it just took a little perspective to have him see my side. Humpf.

Patience. Patience and I have never been friends. And when she knocks on my door demanding that I pay attention to her.... I slam the door in her face. I don't have patience. I know it's a virtue and all...and I am virtuous enough. John has been so busy with work because of the holidays, that I haven't seen him as much as I would want. He leaves tomorrow for Thanksgiving with his family...and will be gone until Monday afternoon. I may or may not get to hang out with him tonight because he has so much work to get done. Humpf again. So I have decided that I have to do something I have never done, be patient. Hello Patience...my name is Emily. I don't think we will be BFF but would you like to come in for a cup of coffee?

No comments: