Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Still counting....

I have been a bad blogger...my last post was 5 days ago.

Since then I have been on date #6 with John and have #7 tonight. Date #6 was a fundraiser dinner for the CF Foundation hosted by local professional sports teams. I hemorrhaged a ton of money on silent auction items, had a wonderful meal (can you say FILET?), and a great time with my new man. Our date tonight is dinner and drinks at my favorite ma and pop pizza joint. He's a great dater. He takes me to fun places and we always laugh and get along so well. We'll see what happens. I am still keeping track of the number of dates. Wonder if I will stop? My friend Renee told me that she kept a date journal of the first 18 months of her current relationship. I guess I am kinda doing the same thing.

I saw on tv last night that Oprah is airing a show (as I type) on women and their bras. They say that most women are not wearing the right bra size. Years ago Emily P told me the exact same stat. I promptly went to a department store and had myself professionally measured. Sure enough...I was wearing the wrong size. And even after I KNEW that I was several sizes bigger, I had a hard time getting away from wanting to buy the size I wore in college. I also had a hard time not wanting to buy all of my bras from Vickies. But...I since don't want my boobs to look like two socks with rocks in the bottom... I conceded and started buying more supportive... and well... less sexy bras. I know that someday after I have kids... the rock scenario may/will be inevitable...but for now...I want my girls to point north. Today (in honor of my date with Hot John) I have on one of my last surviving sexy bras...and I have spent the day tucking 'em back in and tugging at the bra...which by the way is NOT sexy. Six of one and one half dozen of another I guess. He better notice.

No comments: