Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Last night 51% of the voting public legalized the possession of pot in the Mile High City. Anyone over the age of 21 can have under an ounce of pot - legally. Here's the thing. The Federal and State laws still prohibit possession. I don't really understand what exactly was passed. Does anyone out there? I was really really shocked to see it pass. I voted yes but still shocked. I guess half the people in Denver think... smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

As I was watching the election coverage the cameras went from victory party to victory party. There were people in suits, politicians glad-handing the issues, cocktails, balloons and merriment. When they went to the victory party for the pot issue, there was only one person in the background. Some 18 year old boy who looked like he had Cheeto stained fingers, who was jumping in and out of the screen, laughing, putting up the HORNS with his fingers (rock on dude) and was whacked out on something... probably pot. I laughed my ass off. And everytime the media outlets would mention the pot issue...they would flash a picture of a huge ass pot plant and some burner taking a huge hit off of a bong. I would laugh, grunt and point at the tv everytime.

No comments: