Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Do you hate YOUR job?

Everyone does it. Everyone thinks from one time or another.... "I hate my job today." It's normal. You may never say that again after what I am about to share.
It's so windy today that I was nearly knocked off my heels walking to my car. Just a few hours ago in downtown, the building next door my office, the window washers on a huge high rise were tossed like rag dolls in the air. They were stuck on the scaffolding being thrown repeatedly up against the building, smashing windows and nearly breaking the scaffolding in half. Watch THIS. It's not a funny thing... however, watch the GED-hopefuls at the end of the video. They are entertaining. For the record, firefighters were able to get the two window washers down safely.
The latest (that was just shouted across the office) is that with several huge windows broken, there is a vacuum affect happening and the stuff inside the building is being sucked out the broken windows into the streets. Can you imagine sitting at your desk on the 33rd floor to see some huge ass scaffolding crashing into the huge window and then having everything in your office sucked out onto the streets below?
Even on it's worst day, my job will never suck that bad (pun totally intended).

No comments: