Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blue Moon

As I am sitting at my desk free-basing chips and chocolate all leftover from the Halloween Potluck...it occurred to my WHY I am such a snacker right now. And in particular why I am eating chocolate. I don't have a sweet tooth at all. As a kid my Halloween candy used to rot in my room. Sign me up for bread and cheese by the fist full...but not sweets. Once in a blue moon around that "time of the month" I want chocolate. Ah... light dawns on pumpkin head. Ding! I get it now....as I am licking the caramel off of my thumb.

Speaking of light. Once a blue moon at a particular time of year, the sun is in the right part of the sky to reflect off the building across the street and BLIND me sitting at my desk. There is really nothing I can do but wait it out. It only lasts for about 6 minutes and 15 seconds. Taping paper on the window to block the sun? Nice try. Nothing works. Thank God, this blue moon only comes around once a year...and only a few minutes... each day... for a few days.

No comments: