Thursday, December 07, 2006

ebay

I have been looking on line and in stores for this one particular gift for someone....and haven't had any luck. It's sold out everywhere. I found one on line that was brand new...for over $100. Ouch. Not THAT important to me to give that gift. I decided to go to ebay to see what I could find. I found an online auction for this item that is listed as "like new" being auctioned off. The seller is listed on the site as having 99.8% positive feedback as a seller and has been a member of ebay since 1998. Plus the seller guarantees the product will work or money back in 7 days. The auction ends at 7 pm today. I am the winning bidder right now at..... (insert drum roll here).... $12.50 plus $4 shipping. HOLY CRAP. I keep refreshing my ebay page to see if I have been outbid. Plus...I set up a feature that ebay will send me a text message on my cell phone if I have been outbid...and give me the option to bid again. THIS ROCKS!
I used ebay once before to sell some Pet Shop Boys tickets. I sold them for about $5 less than what I paid for 'em to some dude. He met me in the parking lot of a grocery store. The whole transaction felt like a drug deal.
Dude: "You Emily?"
Me: "Yea, hi. Here are the tickets."
Dude: "Here's the cash. You might want to count it."
Me: "Yea. It's all here. Thanks. Have fun at the show." (Picture me darting to my car)
(end scene)
The whole time I felt like a total criminal and that people were pointing and staring "Look Ma, a (whispered) DRUG DEAL" At least this ebay exchange will be shipped....if I win.

No comments: