Saturday, December 23, 2006

Restraint

On Tuesday night I packed my shaggin-bag, left a huge bowl of food and water for the kitty and headed over to Todd's. All night I kept singing "Snow Day! Snow Day! Don't have-ta go to work...DAY!" I had decided that night that no matter how much snow we got...I was either going to call in for the storm...or call in sick....but it was GONNA be a snow day...day off for me. Weeeee! Todd got up and got ready for work. I lazily turned on the tv...it was 7 am and it had been snowing since 4 am....(I got up several times during the night to survey the progress on my self-proclaimed snow day). The news was reporting the blizzard was here....and thankfully the news convinced Todd to join me on Snow Day 2006. Weeeee! The news wasn't wrong either....and we got 2 1/2 feet of snow in the exposed areas...and over 5 or 6 foot drifts up against the garage and the house. It was truly beautiful and several times I asked Todd to come over and look out the window with me. His house is surrounded by a bunch of open space and it looked like what heaven must look like all snow covered and sparkly. Gorgeous.
Todd told me on Tuesday night to not look for my presents in the house. THEN proceeded to tell me WHERE they were hiding....UNWRAPPED! OK. I am the girl who as a child devised a plan to open all of the presents in the house and at my grandparent's house....look at them....and in some cases play with them....then wrap them back up and act surprised when I opened them with the family. OK? Thats me. And he TELLS me where the presents are DAYS before Christmas. As of 1:20 pm on Dec. 23rd...I am pleased to report that I haven't snooped. I haven't ruined my Christmas surprise. Talk about restraint.
We have a full Christmas schedule the next 2 days. Tomorrow...Christmas eve...we are going to Todd's aunt's house at 2 pm then to my Grandma A's house right after the Broncos game. I have to bring a salad. Then Christmas morning...we are going to my parent's house at 10 am then right to another one of Todd's aunt's houses....then at 5 pm to my aunt Judy's house. Wowsa. Fun tho. I am not dreading the running around ONE bit. It will be fun...our first Christmas. And....it's gonna be a White Christmas. How storybook is that? Ha.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. Kisses!
PS.......fear not friends of my kitty Sasha....I have been over to see her and play with her...she has not been alone this whole time. :)

No comments: