Monday, October 31, 2005

Scream for your team

Against my better judgment, I agreed to get dressed up for Halloween and head downtown to bar hop with Denver's finest.... drunk 21 year olds. The original plan was to go to this house party hosted by a friend of Cherill's...but that plan changed and I found myself with a sick need to put on my 20's Flapper costume and go dancing. So the cab drops us off at 20th and Market. Look to the left - Lodo's. Look to the right - BackFat 41 (aka Market 41). I suggest Lodo's only because they have $2 drinks. We walk in and there are at least 300.....maybe 400 Philadelphia Eagles fans. It is wall-to-wall green jerseys, east-coast loud mouths, and belly laughing. Being the cute girls we are, we were approached by several of the Jolly Green Giants....er... Eagles. One particularly boisterous guy comes up to us and says, "so what are you supposed to be dressed as doll?" And in the wittiest tone I could muster, I say, "a Broncos fan." Oh my. Wrong answer. The crowd got even rowdier. He starts pointing at us saying "get a load of this, this girl just told me she is a Broncos fan." And of course I had to poke the Bear....er Eagle... some more and make some comments about their team. My knowledge of football often makes guys gasp. Same thing here. I think I knew more about the game and their team than they did. We decided our time was better spent away from the drunkenness (and for fear that my sharp tongue and love for our home team boys will get us in trouble)... we left...and made our way across the street to BackFat 41 and danced until dawn.

Happy Halloween to all you ghouls and goblins. Boo!

I HATE that it is dark at 5:20 pm. Boo again!

No comments: