Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pretty Good Day

I am having a pretty good day...as far as work days go.
Today is the first day of NCAA March Madness College Basketball Finals and I entered the office pool to pick the winners of each game. Only about 15 people entered...so the money pot isn't that big...but still. I am in first place after 4 games...and picked a huge upset (Wisconsin-Milwaukee over Oklahoma) that has allowed me to strut around the office and gloat. FUN! I don't know jack-shit about college basketball...in fact many of my picks were based on a tried and true system that back in the day...Becca was famous for using when picking teams in our company football pools. Becca would win all of the time...and it was really entertaining. Her system? It's simple really....she would pick the team from the city that she would prefer to go shopping in. Chicago over Pittsburgh or New York over Ohio every day of the week. It's easy. The fact that I am wining really really pisses off the guys in the office. Victory! I don't think I will tell them I am using Becca's genius system. Hahaha!
I got a free copy of the new Dave Matthews Band double CD and DVD of "Weekend on the Rocks". I was at the Sept. 12th show at Red Rocks. I sometimes hear the crowd...and think...that could be me cheering. Can't wait to watch the DVD. Wee!
I am having a good hair day.
I am cranking out tons of work.... most of the projects have been annoying ones that I have been just kind of pushing around on my desk for another day.
I had a meeting with some guy who told me that his mom is Gabby Gourmet...anyway totally off the subject.... he was presenting his eMarketing product to me and tried to talk to me in the "oh-cute girl-must-not-really-know-shit-about-marketing" way...and I showed HIM. I started asking him questions that he didn't think I would ask and caught him off guard. He said, "he would have to check." HA! How about using the "Cute-girl-AND-smart-knows-her-shit" tone from now on mister? Hee hee.
Tonight is my favorite night of TV.
Tomorrow.... I organized an Office Party to introduce the new members of my team to the whole staff. I have 19 employees who work on my team. I will order pizza...and my boss asked me to bring beer. Free beer and pizza...my favorite. :) AND....it's St. Patrick's Day. YAY! I won't be going out on the town though....it's amateur's night.

No comments: