Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

Of all of the protests and controversy surrounding the opening of Ron Howard's latest movie The Da Vinci Code...one of the groups protesting this movie caught my eye. I saw on TV that a group of Albinos are upset that the main villain in the movie is an Albino. They claim that there has never been a Hollywood movie that has portrayed an Albino in a positive light or given an Albino the romantic lead in a movie. They claim that everytime an Albino is in a Hollywood movie they are scary and a villain. WHA? I DO feel sorry for their genetic disorder...don't get me wrong....but I don't know what Albinos expect. Their lack of pigmentation & red-colored eyes...doesn't really make me want to see them make-out with Julia Roberts on the big screen.
Now...another point I would like to make is that Ron Howard didn't ADD this character to his interpretation of The Da Vinci Code book. The Albino villain character was in the book. So how about protesting the BOOK? Not the movie. Just a thought.

No comments: