Monday, May 08, 2006

Suck the head

....keep your mind out of the gutter folks....
This past Saturday I went to a Crawfish Boil hosted by Skye and Ed. I was a rookie...a first-timer. I got a tutorial from Becca on how to peel and eat the crawfish. We huddled up at the big table covered with a pile of crawfish, random veggies, french bread and sour cream. She showed me how to squeeze the head and crack it, pull the tail off and peel the rest of the shell off. The little bite of crawfish was delicious....tastes like lobster...but a lot of work for a wee bite of food. Still...very fun. The real veterans do something that I don't think I will EVER do. Instead of just trashing the head of the crawfish...they suck the gook out of the head. I watched John do this several times...and then said...."what's in there?" John said, "Brains and stuff." Ewh.

No comments: