Friday, January 20, 2006

And the award for singing the wrong song lyrics goes to....

I am the champion of singing the wrong words to songs.
I thought that the song "Charlotte Sometimes" by The Cure said "Shut Up Sometimes". (Excuse: Robert Smith mumbles)
I thought the song by Big Head Todd, "Please Don't Tell Her" was "Please Don't Sell Her". (Excuse: it really does sound like he's saying that.)
I thought that the line in "Blister In The Sun" by the Violent Femmes that says "I'm so strung out," actually said "I still strike out." (Excuse: I was a young softball player when I first heard that song and didn't know what being strung out meant.)
I thought the song "Bette Davis Eyes" was "Better Days Aside". (Excuse: I am embarrassed...I really don't have a good excuse for this one....Pitiful)

I KNOW there are more for this list. I will post updates as I remember..... it's truly a sickness. I think I need to buy Q-tips. Ha.

No comments: