Sunday, January 29, 2006

Coaching

My dad retired (again) and has started coaching softball again. He has organized a softball clinic for 6 & 7 year old little girls that will be every Sunday in February. I have volunteered to help him. I love to watch my dad coach...and...well...an old friend (really good looking and single) of mine named Vince is one of the coaches too (smile).

I stopped coaching about 5 years ago because the parents were the WORST. My dad and I were coaching Natalie's competitive traveling softball team. The time commitment was huge. We had practice for about 3 hours 2 nights during the week....then games all day Saturday and all day on Sunday. My social life took a little hit too. And, this is all volunteer...I didn't get paid. AND the parents are all assholes. They think their daughter is the best player on the team...and can do NO wrong. I couldn't take it any more.

My dad has been nudging me to be his assistant coach this summer of his little girls softball team. After some thought, I have agreed to help with that too. I don't think the parents of little 6 and 7 year old girls will be as vicious as the parents of the 17 and 18 year olds.... but I have to be prepared for them to be worse...I guess. Batter UP!

No comments: