Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Shit-Storm

I am knee deep in a shit-storm of work at work. I have been working a sick amount of hours...10 hour days are the norm right now. January is supposed to be my down-time. Sheesh. I am still sitting at my desk right now..... I am taking a break to blog....but still have more crapola to do. I just noticed that the time listed under my post says it 6 pm...it's really 7:25 pm.

I went to Ed and Skye's Engagement Party on Saturday night. I had a great time. Ed made his famous Gumbo... man...it was goooood. Close to the end of the party, Skye tells me that she has an extra ticket to a fundraiser Celebrity Poker Tournament for that night that is promised to be wall-to-wall Avalanche players and "single" guys. OK folks, I have been to this stuff before...the only "single" guy who goes to a fundraiser is gay...and the other guys there are with DATES. Well...my Monday morning report from Skye was that it indeed WAS full of eligible single guys. Humpf. Oh well. I have to admit, I enjoyed my night of popcorn and SNL (even if it was a repeat) a lot... so no regrets here.



OK OK...there is a small tinge of "what the hell were you thinking by not going to that event?" But what can I do now...but remember this story the next time.

No comments: