Monday, January 23, 2006

Real World - Breckenridge

I was a special guest star on MTV's Real World - Breckenridge this past weekend.

OK OK...not really... but it felt like it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Stephanie was in town this weekend to ski. We skied on Saturday. Skiing was ok. I realized that I am done skiing forever. I have officially retired. After skiing, Steph and I headed over to the house in Breckenridge we were staying at with her friends. The house was amazing. It was 8500 square feet. I stopped counting bedrooms at 6 and I didn't even see the upstairs of the house. Huge. It was decorated fabulously...and I wasn't surprised to see pictures of the owners of the house.... 2 gay guys. There were 22 people staying in the house...not one was ugly. This group actually calls their vacations Real World, because last year they met Theo. I dunno who Theo is... apparently he was on a Real World series. Shrug.

I have several stories on my Real World weekend.

1. The "Girls"
When we first arrived I was making an effort to introduce myself to everyone. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the girls with a boyfriend there would introduce herself as follows. "Oh hi, I'm Whitney, nice to meet you, that blonde guy over in the corner is my boyfriend, we live together in Long Beach." OK - honey - I am not here to sleep with your live-in boyfriend. Relax. All of the girls were taking a territorial PEE around their boyfriends...I found it entertaining. There was one guy there named Tony who was completely my type....but his live-in girlfriend Amy made sure he was no where near any single strangers.

2. Full Frontal Nudity
The couples got the bedrooms upstairs. And the singles all stayed in the basement. The basement was like it's own separate condo. It had a full kitchen, pool table, living room with 5 couches, bathroom with a shower and 2 huge bunk beds. I went into the bathroom to take a shower after skiing. I had just turned off the water, dried off, put the towel on my head, to hear this person shaking the door handle to the bathroom.... like they were trying to get in. POP! The lock came undone and this girl flew the door wide open with 2 of the single guys standing behind her. I am standing there, full frontal nudity, for all 3 to see. She says, "Oh geez, sorry." Slams the door shut. I just stand there. Numb. I don't know these people.... so is that better or worse? I muster up some courage and after I get ready I head upstairs.... only to be faced with a hush that fell over the room and the "you're that girl huh" looks from everyone. Well. Apparently, she went upstairs and told everyone she had seen me naked. Nice. Later in the night I over heard the 2 guys who saw me naked say, "At least we got to see a naked girl." Again, not sure if that was a good or bad thing.

3. Indoor Uggs
One of the "girls" had all of the other girls (except me) gathered around her as she showed off her "Indoor Uggs". One of the other girls said, "oh, are those real Uggs?" And this statement triggered a conversation that still cracks me up about how she won't wear them outside because they were out of the special Uggs leather treatment. Whoa. And for the record, I think Ugg stands for UGLY. I don't think these shoes are attractive at all. But still....all 8 of the girls were slobbering over this girl's real Uggs.... the most unintelligent 10 minutes of conversation ever had.

All this happened in the 2 hours I spent with these people. Regardless, I had a great and entertaining weekend!

No comments: