Wednesday, January 11, 2006

People's Choice Awards

I love awards shows. I enjoy seeing the stars fashion sense (or non-sense). I love seeing the stars in a some-what of an unscripted environment. So with that said, I spent 2 hours watching the People's Choice Awards last night. I will never get those 2 hours back.

First, I started to notice that when they announced the winner of a category, that the winner was there, but the other nominees...where not. I started to realize that all of the winners were notified before the show. So every time the camera scanned the crowd and I saw the stars, I would know that they were gonna win. So the suspense and the real surprise wasn't there... as with other awards show. All of the speeches were prepared.... and it was boring. But I kept watching because I was entertaining myself playing my own smaller version of the game "memory". The category and nominees would be announced...and I would start thinking.... "oh, did I see Ray Romano in the crowd? Oh yea, I did, he must be the winner." And I would be right every time...and that was a fun.... a little.

One category I found interesting was one where the public had voted on the prettiest or freshest faced female movie star. Two of the three nominees caught my attention. One... Angelina Jolie. Two...Jennifer Aniston. Sweet Jen won! I pumped my fist in the air in celebration and gave out a "woot!". I DO NOT get what all the hoopla is around Angelina Jolie. I don't think she is pretty. I will give her the fact that she has a rock solid body....but she is always glaring, rarely smiles....and her lips are always chapped and look like she's been sucking golf balls through garden hoses. SISTER... put some chapstick on. Anyway. The official announcement that Angelina is pregnant with Brad's baby was announced today. My heart breaks for Jen. It's tough enough to end a relationship/marriage...but to have this new relationship and pregnancy wallpapered all over the world... makes a lump swell in my throat. I hope Jen's girlfriends are giving her love today.

No comments: