Friday, October 21, 2005

Calls and Close Calls

My date with Framer John went well. He's is a nice guy. His pictures on the website were old... so he looks different now than he did in the pictures. He instant messaged me the next morning and asked me out for this Sunday. We are going to his buddy's house to watch the Broncos game. He said that the boys cook...and the girls just chat. Should be interesting.

I got some great news that made my DAY. My dear friend Susie is coming to Thanksgiving at my aunt Judy's house. She IS part of my family, my heart and my soul... so she belongs at all holidays. I am so happy. Skip skip skipping down the street.

Garrett the "Hot Hockey Player" called me yesterday and left a message. Of course he did. What do guys have? Some sort of 6th sense? That when I am over them.... they call? I didn't call him back. Does that mean I like John?

My grandparents Cheever got in a car accident last night. Everyone is ok. A girl ran a stop sign and side swiped them on the driver side, inches behind where my grandpa was sitting. Everyone is ok. The car is messed up...drivable...but must be fixed. My grandparents were very shook up.... who wouldn't be? They were going to meet my parents to see a movie. My mom and dad came to the scene of the accident, and my dad drove their car home. They have complained to my parents for years now that they don't need the cell phone that my parents MAKE them carry (that my parents pay for). They used their handy-dandy cell phone to call the police and then my parents. I can just hear my grandpa now, "Oh young-un, I used that phone for the first time, and it wasn't half bad I tell ya. I guess I better tell your mom, that rugrat, that she has been right this whole time about those dag-gum cell phones." I can just picture his sweet face and goofy smile. Then I bet he would make a comment about how he is just plain sweet and lovable..... which he is.... from the top of his bald head (another grandpa saying) to the bottom of his feet. My grandparents aren't the only ones who are shook up. I am too. Too close for my comfort.

No comments: