Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Nothing like a cup of Subpoena first thing in the morning

This morning our receptionist walked back to my office and told me that I have a visitor in the lobby. I told her that I don't have any appointments and to find out who it is.

She says "It's a guy with a subpoena for you." Nice.

I get up and walk out to talk to him and he says, "Did you know this was coming?"

And I said, "that depends, who is asking me to appear?"

And he says, "Hal Moore."

And I said, "Figures."

And he says, quite loud in our little offices, "You've been served." Sweet.

I called my dad to see if I need to hire an attorney. My dad told me a few months back that I should never appear in a court for any reason without suitable legal representation. Anyone who chooses to represent themselves...has a fool for a client. Great. Fun times. I am just giving a statement, I haven't been named in the case. Still. When I met with the defense lawyers several months back.... they had EVERY email I had sent during the 3 years that Hal worked with us that mentioned his name. Word to the wise, don't forget, every email and document you send out on a company computer CAN be recovered, and can be used against you in a court of law. Ha.

No comments: