Monday, October 17, 2005

Spin this!

I am sitting at my desk still cracking up at the guy who taught my spinning class today over lunch.
First... for those of you who haven't heard of spinning.... it's not weaving and spinning fabric.....like one of the older engineers in my office (with a southern accent) thought. He said "Eh, yea, my wife takes spinning." As my mouth fell open. He' s like 100 years old...and his WIFE takes spinning???? Anyway...he meant weaving and spinning. Ah no - not even close to the same thing. My kind of spinning is a workout. It's a choreographed cycling class to music.... and it will kick your ass.
Anyway. So back to my original point. The very cool gal who normally teaches the Monday class is out of town for a month.... so there has been several different teachers recently. The guy who taught the class today was someone I haven't ever seen there before. He was kinda skinny, had the marks on his nose where his glasses were minutes before, he wore cycling shorts, cycling shoes and a cycling shirt.... and.... yelled out "UH YEA!" at the top of his lungs every few seconds. It made me feel dirty. It was hard to control my laughter. And every so often he would wink at me. Ewh. The icing on the cake was that towards the end of class he starting talking about himself in the 3rd person AND his name is Jiles. Ewh again. "UH YEA!"

No comments: